July 9, 2009

How time flies

Today is a very special day for our family. We celebrate M's bday and our anniversary on the same day. Just to be honest, I wasn't excited about our little one being born on our anniversary and, for several hours, tried to convince myself I wasn't really in labor. (I told W that we would be bad parents if we went out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary and left our kiddo with a babysitter on his birthday.) But God's timing is perfect and 3 years ago today, we were given the greatest anniversary gift ever....our second little boy.

In May, we took a cruise to Alaska to celebrate 10 years of marriage. I still love this man as much as I did back in 1999.

If possible, I can honestly say that I love him more. My grandpa used to always say, "Have I told you that I love you more today than I did yesterday?"

W, have I told you that I love you more today than I did on our wedding day? In the past 10 years we've had grandparents die, friends divorce, and 401K's shrink, but we've also had our first home purchase, 2 children, and family vacations. Through the highs and the lows (of which there weren't too many) you have been a great husband: affirming me, encouraging me and quickly forgiving me when my tongue or bad attitude got the best of me. Thank you for loving me completely, teaching our boys to respect their mama, and leading our family in godliness. You inspire me to want more of Him. Like I tell you often, "I'd choose you all over again." I love you!