September 2, 2009

From 0 to grumpy in 2.5 seconds

Here's a series of pics where K is being grumpy because I want to take his picture. I mean, wouldn't that make you grumpy? All 3 pictures were taken in a span of about a minute. Notice my brother, playing along with K's spectrum of emotions. Of course, my two-steppin' grandmother is all smiles.





It amazes me that a toddler can go from a full-fledged tantrum to smiling in seconds. Apparently, there are adults who act this way too, but luckily, I don't know any. One day recently M was screaming, crying, red-faced and in his crib for timeout. A few minutes later I simply asked, "Are you happy now?" and he turned it off. No offer of ice cream. No threat. Just a simple question turned this face....

into this face....


Don't get me wrong. It definitely isn't always that simple (the Kroger shoppers this past Tuesday could tell you), but this time, it was. And, for that, I am thankful...thankful to my God who gives me guidance, comfort, and wisdom when dealing with the day to day joys and challenges of parenting. Ultimately, He is the best example of a parent.