When my kids began to talk, I started a list of their "funnies" so that we wouldn't ever forget them. And, on days like today (where I could really use a laugh) I can read over the list and reminisce.
Without giving you too much background into the stories surrounding their one-liners, here are some quotes from my boys. Just to warn you, there are several that happened during the potty-training days.
"The money died." (After flushing a plastic coin)
"I heard fireworks in your shorts."
"That's my privates (pointing to his nipple). You can't touch it."
"My poop looks like the letter J."
"Don't you ever, never tee again. Do you understand me, penis?" (after having an accident)
"Santa tackle the reindeer."
"That was a yucky 'bless you'." (after a rather wet sneeze)
"It is NOT a beautiful day. It is a sunny day."
"This is spicy water!" (first taste of Sprite)
"Concentrate means tinkle."
"I tooted in your underwear."
"Does Elmo have a penis?"
"Mommy, you're the hottest girl in the whole world."
"You have to take off your shirt to eat yogurt."
"When I die, I'm going to ask Jesus why He makes food turn into poop."
"Maybe when I'm a daddy, my wife will have some of those (feminine products)."
"If God gets sick, I'm going to fly up to heaven to comfort Him."
"My booty shoots fire out of it so I can go fast."
One day, the boys will be glad that I documented these funny quotes. Or, maybe they won't. But, their future wives will be!